iOS 12.5.2 is a security update and Apple recommend it for all users of devices that can be updated to iOS 12.5 - iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, and iPod touch (6th generation).
TL:DR— Install right away. Security fixes.
Step by step instructions
- Open 'Software Update' from 'Settings -> General'
- Download and install, a restart is required and it takes some time
- Available for: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, and iPod touch (6th generation)
- Impact: Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to universal cross site scripting. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.
- Description: This issue was addressed by improved management of object lifetimes.
- CVE-2021-1879: Clement Lecigne of Google Threat Analysis Group and Billy Leonard of Google Threat Analysis Group
Confirming the iPhone, iPod touch or iPad has been updated
- Navigate to 'Settings'
- Select 'General'
- Select About
- Software Version will be '12.5.2'